Wound Management two-day workshop
For general practice nurses and nurses based in residential aged care facilities
Part 1: Saturday 2 March 2019, 9am - 4.30pm
Part 2: Saturday 30 March 2019, 9am - 4.30pm
(Registration from 8.45am) RSVP: Friday 15 February 2019
Registrations are now CLOSED.
Gold Coast Primary Health Network
Level 1, 14 Edgewater Drive, Robina 4226
Gold Coast Primary Health Network invites general practice nurses and registered or enrolled nurses based in residential aged care facilities to participate in a Chronic Disease Wound Management Project.
It is anticipated participants will gain knowledge in:
- Wound assessment including pathways and guidelines
- Clinical documentation of wound assessment and management
- Investigative tools available for use within practices
- Wound bed preparation
- Compression therapy including theory and practical application
- Individual management of specific wound types e.g. Neuropathic, Venous and Pressure
- Advanced therapies including negative pressure and wound products
- Skill acquisition including Ankle Brachial Pressure Index, debridement and compression therapy
- Wound Field Concept
Saturday 2 March 9am-4:30pm (Workshop 1 of 2)
- Theory session 1 – everyone deserves intact skin and the sense of well being
- Theory session 2- patient and wound assessment aetiology of wounds
- Compression therapy workshop
Saturday 30 March 9am-4:30pm (Workshop 2 of 2)
- Wound bed preparation – infection
- Management of common acute wounds and problems of healing
- Wound product workshop
Dr Stephen Yelland & Cheryl Frank
Due to limited places, it is recommended only one nurse per practice/facility is to register.
As this event is delivered in two sessions it is a requirement that participants are available to attend both workshops. Due to limited places, it is recommended only one nurse per practice/facility is to register.
If you would like to register please RSVP via either of the following methods below by
Friday 15 February 2019:
Submit your details using the online form below
Contact our Events team on 07 5635 2455 and register your interest over the phone
Registrations are now CLOSED.
CANCELLATIONS: Online registrations will be confirmed immediately in our booking system. This is our preferred method of RSVP. To cancel your RSVP please use the email link or call the GCPHN events team (PH. 07 5635 2455). In recent months a number of registrants to our events have failed to attend and have not provided cancellation advice. This often results in others, often on wait lists, being unable to attend. In addition, GCPHN resources are wasted as costs for catering and support staff are still incurred. Each event therefore incurs a cost per person ranging from $65 - $120. GCPHN wishes to continue to provide training and education at no cost to primary care providers, however for these reasons we may have to consider implementing fees to offset our costs in the future. Please ensure you provide at least 2 days’ notice if you need to cancel your registration