Practice Nurse - Advance Care Planning Workshop
It’s a team approach
Friday 26 October 2018, 8:00am - 10:00am
(Registration from 7.30am) RSVP: Friday 19 October 2018
Gold Coast Primary Health Network
Level 1, 14 Edgewater Court, Robina 4226
Become a key authority in Advance Care Planning (ACP) for the practice by undertaking the workshop. The information provided will assist with the patient’s health assessments, management or team care planning for target population groups.
Practice nurses and general practitioners have an important role to play in advance care planning conversations and are well placed to initiate such conversations with their patients.
The 2-hour workshop will provide linkages to best practice guidelines, ACP documents, online education modules and how to record Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration requirements.
Advance Care Planning Australia has developed learning programs to deliver a range of online courses for primary care health professionals. The aim is to build a foundation in strong Advance Care Planning nationally.
Gold Coast Primary Health Network (GCPHN) will host a facilitated two hour face-to-face workshop on the topic.
- Understand the benefits of advance care planning in primary health
- Determine when to initiate the conversation
- Improve access to Queensland ACP documentation
- Develop knowledge of the substitute decision maker role
- Understand the legal implications of advance care planning and the documents available
- Develop awareness in the lodgment and filing process of ACP documents
- Establish linkages with ACP leader organisations – National amd State
To ensure you get the best out of this workshop, we recommend the following Advance Care Planning Australia online modules are completed and document the record of CPD hours. You will need to set-up a log in to commence the learning:
This standardised approach to education assists with the team care in general practice. The modules will take 30 minutes each.
The recommended topics are:
- Module (1) One: Advance Care Planning Introduction
- Find out about advance care planning, key components and benefits
- Module (2) Two: Advance Care Planning Conversations
- Learn how to initiate advance care planning conversations and explore key communication strategies
- Module (3) Three: Advance Care Planning Decision-Making - The Legal Implications
- Consider advance care planning decision-making and the important legal aspects for each state
- Module (5) Five: Advance Care Planning in the Primary Care Setting
- Consider advance care planning decision-making in the context of primary care
Please click here for the modules
and CPD documentation
If you would like to register please RSVP via either of the following methods below by
Friday 19 October 2018:
Submit your details using the online form below
CANCELLATIONS: Online registrations will be confirmed immediately in our booking system. This is our preferred method of RSVP. To cancel your RSVP please use the email link or call the GCPHN events team (PH. 07 5635 2455). In recent months a number of registrants to our events have failed to attend and have not provided cancellation advice. This often results in others, often on wait lists, being unable to attend. In addition, GCPHN resources are wasted as costs for catering and support staff are still incurred. Each event therefore incurs a cost per person ranging from $65 - $120. GCPHN wishes to continue to provide training and education at no cost to primary care providers, however for these reasons we may have to consider implementing fees to offset our costs in the future. Please ensure you provide at least 2 days’ notice if you need to cancel your registration
Contact our Events team on 07 5635 2455 and register your interest over the phone