Caring for Complex Patients in Our Community
Thursday 25 October 2018, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
(Registration from 6.00pm) RSVP: Tuesday 23rd October 2018
Sharks Events Centre
Musgrave Ave & Olsen Ave, Southport QLD 4215
Do you find it hard navigating our local Gold Coast health system?
Do you find it hard to manage complex chronic patients in General Practice in a timely manner?
Do you need tips and resources to streamline your practice management and assist business modelling?
Gold Coast Primary Health Network’s Practice Support Team invites you to a Practice Collaborative event on caring for complex patients in our community. Presenters include representatives from Gold Coast Health and Gold Coast Primary Health Network.
- Dr James Fink - General Physician, Medical Director – Gold Coast Integrated Care
- Dr Lisa Beecham - General Physician and GCPHN Clinical Lead
- Rose Costa - Chronic Disease Management Coordinator QLD Health
- Judy Morrells - Clinical Nurse Consultant, Chronic Disease and Post-Acute Programs – Integrated and Ambulatory Care Services
- Stacey Hanson - Psychologist and GCPHN Primary Care Improvement Committee Representative
This event will enable participants to:
- Gain knowledge through real life case studies with a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Identify where to obtain local resources and find information on local service options
- Identify opportunities for the general practice team within an integrated model of care
- Use extraction tools to assist streamlined management from the whole practice team consistent with General Practice Business models
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017 – 19 triennium.
4 Category 2 points – Activity Number: 144093
If you would like to register please RSVP via either of the following methods below by
Tuesday 23rd October 2018:
Submit your details using the online form below
Contact our Events team on 07 5635 2455 and register your interest over the phone
CANCELLATIONS: Online registrations will be confirmed immediately in our booking system. This is our preferred method of RSVP. To cancel your RSVP please use the email link or call the GCPHN events team (PH. 07 5635 2455). In recent months a number of registrants to our events have failed to attend and have not provided cancellation advice. This often results in others, often on wait lists, being unable to attend. In addition, GCPHN resources are wasted as costs for catering and support staff are still incurred. Each event therefore incurs a cost per person ranging from $65 - $120. GCPHN wishes to continue to provide training and education at no cost to primary care providers, however for these reasons we may have to consider implementing fees to offset our costs in the future. Please ensure you provide at least 2 days’ notice if you need to cancel your registration