GP Trainer Workshop 3:
Supporting GP Supervisors to maximise the learning opportunities for medical students and GP Registrars in a day to day General Practice
Thursday 18 July 2019, 6:30pm - 9.00pm
(Registration and dinner from 6:30pm) RSVP: Thursday 11 July
Gold Coast Primary Health Network
Level 1, 14 Edgewater Court, Robina 4226
Join your fellow GP supervisors to discuss how to effectively and efficiently meet student and GP Registrar learning needs in your busy general practice and how best to diagnose and manage the student or registrar in distress.
Have you used random case analysis as a learning and teaching tool? Learn how this can work for both GP Registrars and medical students.
- Articulate what medical students/ GP registrars want their GP Supervisors to do more or less of
- Diagnose and manage the student /GP Registrar in difficulty
- Use random case analysis as a Practice quality improvement tool as well as diagnostic and teaching tool for students and registrar
- Dr Liz Fitzmaurice - Acting Head of General Practice Griffith University.
- Associate Professor Jane Smith - Head of General Practice Bond University
- Dr Rebecca Lock - Associate Director Medical Education - Core Programs, General Practice Training Queensland (GPTQ).
- Dr Praveen Veeramachineni - Robina Bulk Billing Medical Centre
Allocated 4 Category 2 points Activity: 162263 in the RACGP QI&CPD Program for the 2017– 2019 triennium. GPTQ supervisors will earn 2 supervisor credit points by attending this workshop.
This workshop is FREE with dinner provided
If you would like to register please RSVP via either of the following methods below by
Thursday 11 July 2019:
Submit your details using the online form below
Contact our Events team on 07 5635 2455 and register your interest over the phone
CANCELLATIONS: Online registrations will be confirmed immediately in our booking system. This is our preferred method of RSVP. To cancel your RSVP please use the email link or call the GCPHN events team (PH. 07 5635 2455). In recent months a number of registrants to our events have failed to attend and have not provided cancellation advice. This often results in others, often on wait lists, being unable to attend. In addition, GCPHN resources are wasted as costs for catering and support staff are still incurred. Each event therefore incurs a cost per person ranging from $65 - $120. GCPHN wishes to continue to provide training and education at no cost to primary care providers, however for these reasons we may have to consider implementing fees to offset our costs in the future. Please ensure you provide at least 2 days’ notice if you need to cancel your registration