GP Trainer Workshop
Thursday 21 February 2019, 6.30pm - 9.00pm
RSVP: Friday 15 February 2019
Gold Coast Primary Health Network
Level 1, 14 Edgewater Drive, Robina 4226
This interactive workshop is for GP trainers of GP Registrars and Medical Students and involves table based small group activities. The aim is to share the updated curriculum for students, discuss its implementation, and exchange teaching tips and tricks to support quality teaching in General Practice.
This workshop will assist local GPs to safely supervise Registrars and medical students, by analysing curriculum levels of competency and matching trainees to appropriate activities.
- Analyse the medical curriculum to identify levels of competency and apply the competency level to appropriate clinical activities for medical students and GP Registrars.
- Recognise and apply teaching tips and tricks to support deliver of high-quality medical education within the general practice clinical context
- Apply the demonstrated questioning and feedback techniques for personal use in the teaching and training of GP Registrars and medical students.
- Dr Jane Smith - Associate Professor Head of General Practice Bond University.
- Dr Liz Fitzmaurice - Acting Head of General Practice Griffith University.
- Dr Rebecca Lock - Associate Director Medical Education - Core Programs, General Practice Training Queensland (GPTQ).
Dr Natasha Yates, Dr Anne Spooner, Dr Mark Morgan.
GPTQ Supervisors will earn 2 supervisor credit points by attending this workshop.
Allocated 4 Category 2 points Activity: 149652 in the RACGP QI&CPD Program for the 2017– 2019 triennium
If you would like to register please RSVP via either of the following methods below by
Friday 15 February 2019:
Submit your details using the online form below
Contact our Events team on 07 5635 2455 and register your interest over the phone
CANCELLATIONS: Online registrations will be confirmed immediately in our booking system. This is our preferred method of RSVP. To cancel your RSVP please use the email link or call the GCPHN events team (PH. 07 5635 2455). In recent months a number of registrants to our events have failed to attend and have not provided cancellation advice. This often results in others, often on wait lists, being unable to attend. In addition, GCPHN resources are wasted as costs for catering and support staff are still incurred. Each event therefore incurs a cost per person ranging from $65 - $120. GCPHN wishes to continue to provide training and education at no cost to primary care providers, however for these reasons we may have to consider implementing fees to offset our costs in the future. Please ensure you provide at least 2 days’ notice if you need to cancel your registration