Register your interest:
Palliative and End of Life Care in Residential Aged Care Facilities Education Program
Meeting the 2019 Aged Care Quality Standards
Gold Coast Primary Health Network (GCPHN) and Gold Coast Health invite you to participate in an education program aimed to:
- Enhance palliative and end of life care for your residents by quality improvement activities
- Provide clinical education on early identification, assessment and treatment of palliative and end of life care needs
- Provide education about Advance Care Planning
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for palliative and end of life care within your facility
- Foster partnerships between aged care, general practitioners and Specialist Palliative Care services
- Explore pathways that decrease unwanted or unnecessary hospital presentations
This exciting opportunity can only be offered to five Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) and is expected to commence in January 2020.
The program is open to Gold Coast RACFs who can commit to the following:
- Onsite 24-hour Registered Nurse presence
- The provision of three committed Palliative Care Champions:
- 1 x Senior clinical staff or managerial representative
- 1 x Registered Nurse
- 1 x Enrolled Nurse or care worker
The nominated Palliative Care Champions will receive advanced palliative care education. Additionally, all clinical staff will have the opportunity to receive tailored education and be mentored by a Specialist Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Educator.
Register your interest below
To submit your expression interest, please complete the Application below by Tuesday 4th November 2019. Respondents will be notified of the outcome, in writing via email, upon a decision being made by GCPHN and Gold Coast Health.