||Gold Coast Health and Gold Coast Primary Health Network invites you to come along to one of our multidisciplinary working groups to provide advice on better models of care between acute and primary care services to improve patient care.
Being a joint initiative between Gold Coast Health and the Gold Coast Primary Health Network, the workshops will bring together healthcare providers from all sectors to innovate and explore what the ideal consumer journey could look like from all relevant touch points.
The workshops are about innovation and seeing our world with fresh eyes – without any constraints, criticism or with any organisational boundaries.
Our overall goals are to:
- Improve the coordination of care to ensure consumers receive the right care, at the right place, at the right time and by the right person.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of health services for consumers.
- Engage and support clinicians across all sectors to facilitate improvements in the health system.
The workshops were designed applying design thinking principles and will have the following objectives:
- Workshop 1: Empathise and define – develop an understanding of the current system
- Objective: To start a much needed and very important, sector-wide conversation about the consumers’ needs, applying empathy exercises to truly understanding the consumers’ experiences within the current health system - with all its challenges.
- Workshop 2: Ideation and first prototype
- Objective: To encourage participants to think outside the box, be creative and have highly informed discussions with expert colleagues from all sectors of the health system on what the best Model of Care would be and what would need to happen to implement this.
- Workshop 3: Prototyping and testing – did we develop the best and have we considered everything?
- Objective: To encourage participants to question the developed pathway and test it in different scenarios.
Dates for upcoming workshops are:
|Leg Ulcers, Complex Wounds
||Thursday, 15 March 2018
||Monday, 19 March 2018
||Tuesday 20 March 2018
||Wednesday, 21 March 2018
||Thursday, 22 March 2018
||Thursday, 19 April 2018
All workshops will be held from 6pm to 9pm, with a light dinner being served from 5.30pm at the workshop location. Locations of the workshops will either be held at GCUH or the Gold Coast Primary Health Network (Robina).
If you would like to attend one or more of these Gold Coast workshops, please email:
with your name, practice name and indicate which workshop/s you are
interested in participating in. An electronic invite will be sent to you to confirm your attendance as well as location details.