Use the below form to sign up for the best way to quickly receive important alerts, notifications, professional events, Gold Coast Health updates and the weekly GP Bulletin, exclusively for GPs, from Gold Coast Primary Health Network. If you are not a GP but would like to be kept up-to-date, you can subscribe to Your Local News.
Click here for more information.
If you would prefer to print this form and fax it back please DOWNLOAD THE SIGNUP FORM and fax it back to 07 5635 2466
Your Local News
is a monthly Community HealthyGC Publication.
Please advise if you you work in:
or are a:
Keep up to date with useful health information, news and training opportunities on the Gold Coast by entering your email address above to subscribe to our monthly publication.
Kirsten's special interest area is neurocognitive disorders. She provides:
• Education to clients and their families/carers about various Neurocognitive disorders due to mainly Alzheimer’s disease and cerebrovascular accidents.
• Evidence based therapeutic approaches, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy and Motivational Interviewing, for clients with behavioural and mood issues related to neurocognitive disorders.
• Guidance with protecting memory. This includes encouraging clients to participate in regular exercise and cognitive stimulation, relaxation techniques (mindfulness), maintaining a healthy balanced diet and education about sleep hygiene.
• Psychometric assessments of older adults referred by Professor. Philip Morris (Consultant Psychiatrist) to examine specific areas of cognitive decline due to neurocognitive disorders.
• Comprehensive reports from the results of the assessments.
• Education and therapeutic interventions and support for family members/carers.
She also provides:
• The assessment and treatment of clients presenting with a variety of mental health issues using evidence based treatment modalities.
• Observation and monitoring client behaviour and responses to treatment using pre and post measures and feedback from clients.
• Maintenance of clear and concise client progress notes and preparation of progress reports to referral sources such as General Practitioners and medical specialists via medical objects.
She is also a certified psychometric rater for Alzheimer’s Disease clinical drug trials at Griffith University’s Clinical Trial Unit.
Impact Health ,Suite 1, Level 2, 3 Short Street,SOUTHPORT 4215 QLD
We appreciate your feedback and thank-you for taking the time to help improve our website. Please use the form below to provide comments about your experience on our site today.
Sign-up to receive our publications:
Your Local News
The Secure GP Bulletin
Join us on Social Media