Gold Coast University Hospital
Gold Coast Health provides care in hospital and community settings across the expanding Gold Coast region. Located in the lower south-east corner of the state of Queensland, the Gold Coast has traditionally been one of Australia's leading leisure destinations. It is increasingly a place people are choosing to call home.
Services include all major adult specialties as well as paediatrics. Chronic disease management is a key focus in our hospital and community care environments. Gold Coast Health is working closely with health partners such as general practitioners to develop seamless support networks for patients and their families.
Gold Coast Health is now training more medical students than any other hospital in Australia. We continue to work with education providers such as Griffith University and Bond University on the Gold Coast, and University of Queensland in Brisbane to train a future health workforce. Training for all health professions including medical, nursing, allied and other support services are undertaken at Gold Coast.
The Gold Coast Hospital Foundation, based at the Gold Coast hospital are dedicated to fundraising to support Gold Coast Health research and education activities.
Located on the corner of Parklands Drive and Olsen Avenue in Southport, GCUH will be one of Queensland's largest clinical teaching and research facilities. It will provide specialised health services that meet the needs of patients as well as the learning requirements of our future clinicians.
You can access Gold Coast University Hospital through a number of entry points depending on the purpose of your visit:
In the event of an emergency
- the emergency department is ready to assist adults and children in emergency situations.
- use Hollows Way off Olsen Ave for direct access to the drop-off zone.
Visiting the hospital
- the main entrance is the best entry to access to clinical services including outpatient appointments, the retail area and wards to visit loved ones.
- use Hospital Boulevard to access the drop-off zone at the front entrance.
- parking is available in the commercial car park accessible on Hospital Boulevard; commercial rates apply.
Attending an outpatient appointment
- Children's - Block D (main clinical services building), ground floor
- Adults - Block D, level 1
- Imaging / X-ray - Block D, lower ground
- Women's - Block B, level 1
- Cancer - Block C, ground
Finding your way around GCUH
A wayfinding strategy has been developed at Gold Coast University Hospital to help patients, their families, visitors and staff orientate around the new hospital. More information on how to find your way around the new hospital can be found on their website.
Gold Coast University Hospital,
1 Hospital Boulevard,
SOUTHPORT 4215 QLD
Service available 24 hours a day 365 days a year
Notes on public holiday hours:
Emergency department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Fees & Charges
Please enquire for details
Bulk billing is not available