Back in Control - Drug Education & Relapse Prevention Program Including YAN-COORARA
Getting off alcohol or other drugs is the relatively easy part of overcoming a problem with substance use. Staying off and regaining control over the drug (and over your life) can be much more difficult.
‘Back in Control’ is a six-session group education program for people who have or have had drug and/or alcohol concerns. The program is free of charge, confidential and open to anyone who wishes to work on their problem.
In support of the social and emotional wellbeing of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community, Tuesday morning sessions include a Yan-Coorara A&TSI co-facilitator.
‘Back in Control’ deals with the following topics:
- Understanding drug use
- Making a change
- Staying on track
- Changing ways of thinking
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- Problem solving and goal setting
Group sessions with AODS & A&TSI co-facilitators are held:
- Tuesday mornings 10.00am - 12.00pm
Group sessions with AODS facilitator only are held:
- Tuesday afternoons 1.00pm – 3.00pm
- At Level 4, Southport Health Precinct, 16-30 High St, Southport
- Wednesday afternoons 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- At Helensvale Community Health, 105 Lindfield Road, Helensvale
- Thursday mornings 10.00am – 12.00pm
- At Palm Beach Community Health, Fifth Avenue, Palm Beach (Report to ground floor reception)
Maximum of 12 persons per group (No late persons will be accepted)
Participants receive an Attendance Record at registration and a Certificate can be issued on completion of the program.
For further info phone Yan-Coorara Worker, Johnathan Link on 5667 2000 or Gold Coast Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service (AODS) on 5687 9119
Program as at April to August 2018 found here
Program as at August to November 2018 found here
For people who have or have had a drug/alcohol related problem.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
- General Public